Monday, January 30, 2017

One Year!!

Hello Everyone-

I have to be like really fast because we had a zone activity today which was super fun! We went to like this giant house of one of the members and played like volleyball and soccer and we had water balloons and ate and it was super fun.  Good job zone leaders! So we have no time because we still have an hour bus ride back to the sector. So anyways a lot happened this week. SO first-- I turned a year in the mission! I burned a shirt for it and then we made s’mores over the burnt shirt, which stunk because it was like 10000 degrees in the house and then even worse with the fire ha-ha! Anyways we did it with like sad music and what not, it was like a whole ceremony, but other than that, what else did I do that day? Oh yeah, I LISTENED AND GOT SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTED BY AN APOSTLE!  (Unfortunately he did not include which apostle:/) It was awesome! I got to shake his hand and everything.  He bore such a powerful testimony at the end, there was not a dry eye in that room. Even he was balling his eyes as he shared it with us. It was amazing! He even left a blessing with us and told us it was as if he had his hands on each one of our heads to give us this blessing and man I felt the spirit so strong. Probably the strongest I have ever felt in my entire life to be honest. It was great!
Let’s see, some kids from Punta Arenas came to stay with us the night before which was awesome because the kid had been in Calbuco before.  Yesterday in church two of the talks didn’t show up so I just had to go up and give an improvised talk for 20 minutes, and I filled the time pretty dang well.  Because it was the 5th Sunday the presidency has to do the 3rd hour...and President told us he didn’t prepare anything so he just made us do it, so Elder Shum and I had to improvise that too! But actually both improvised things went pretty well if you ask me.  There is never a relaxing Sunday in this branch for us ha-ha I've gotten good at just like getting up and teaching on the fly.  I am so grateful for the experience!
 Anyways, OH remember those 3 drunk guys I told you about last week? Well little miracle happened there. We went by and one of them was there and he’s without a job right now, his mom recently died, and he feels like he is a failure with life. We talked to him about starting over in Christ and about the role Christ plays in our life. He has a real desire to change his life. He said he’s willing to do anything in order to be just a good person and he wants us to help him and he knows that Mormons are good people. Like I don’t think it was a coincidence at all that we found him that day and that he took us to his house or anything, I really think it’s his time to change in his life and he’s ready to do it. That’s why the Lord directed us to him. I’m super excited about it and I’m excited to really help this guy out. Anyways, I have a ton of pictures but no time to send any of them. You will just have to wait until next week!

Love you all!
Elder Zack Walden


No comments:

Post a Comment