Monday, May 8, 2017

Island Hopping!

Woo...sorry ha-ha it has been such a long week. Insanely long. So I ended up not having time to write last week because of all the traveling...in 2 days I traveled 22 hours...in the same suit...so I had to go from Porvenir to Punta Arenas (3 hours), fly from Punta to Puerto Mont (4 hours) take a bus from Puerto Mont to Chiloe (4 hours and a half) and then when I get there Elder Amaya, my new companion, tells me that we have a zone leader meeting on Friday and we had to go the very next day. So the next days we went up to Osorno (6 hours) and then back (6 more hours). It was insane...I have never traveled so much in my life....But hey I’m here now!

The Conseco de lideres was sick, so our mission president asked me to share some experiences of miracles I had in Porvenir to everyone so that was really good and spiritual. And I got to see some friends from the mission that I hadn’t seen in a long time. It was great! But hey I’m on my 3rd island in a row now ha-ha. President just loves sending me to secluded islands! But it’s cool because the island is pretty big so we’re a whole zone here on the island and now the zone leaders pretty much just go to every sector and work with the missionaries in their sectors and show them how to do stuff and everything so we will just be straight traveling here. It is going to be great! We still have a sector, but we spend a lot of time out of it. But so far the zone leader life has been pretty great. I love the zone already, we have some really cool people here. Today all the people from Castro all met up to play bang and basketball, it was a good time.

Hey dad, here in Castro there’s a Brazilian training another new Brazilian, it’s awesome! We eat lunch with them every day and they’re going to help me with Portuguese, it’s going to be sick ha-ha. But yeah I love it here so far, but it rains ALOT!!! They tell me that it rains more here than in any other place in the mission, and it has been true so far!

So a little about my companion---he’s from Colombia and he is legit. He’s known in the mission as one of the best missionaries and we are getting along so well. He’s such a fun kid who just works like a dog too, it’s awesome. It’s funny because I learned a lot of Colombian slang with Molina (my last companion) so I talk to him in full Colombian and he thinks it’s funny, Venga paca papito! Anyways, he’s such a smart guy, and knows a ton about the gospel! His dad was actually a mission president in Ecuador when he was like 12, so he knows what he’s doing. So now a little about the sector, we are teaching a lady named Pamela who they had just found like a little over a week ago, and she is awesome! She is trying to stop drinking and she has so much desire to change. Her kid Oscarito is awesome! He just loves us and wants to be a missionary just like us one day. He literally taught us the first vision perfectly, he is great and he is 10 years old. So they came to church for the first time on Sunday and LOVED it! And we actually got her with a date for baptism yesterday and she is so stoked! I’m pretty sure we will see some

major miracles in this sector and I’m super excited! I am not able to send any pictures this week but I will try next week. Hope you all have a great week! Looking forward to talking to my family on Mothers Day!!
Love-


Zack


No comments:

Post a Comment