Monday, July 11, 2016

UFO's and Aliens?

Hey guys!! I hope everyone’s week was fantastic!! Not much has really happened with la cobra this week but we had some pretty weird lessons. So first we were having a really good lesson with Maria again and we were talking about the Plan of Salvation. Randomly she asks us what the churches stance was with aliens and with UFOs…… we were like “What?” So we told her that like the church didn’t really have a stance with that. You guys don’t know how hard it was for me to not tell her my opinion and all the scriptures I know about aliens hahaha but we needed to stay with the lesson and I can only preach truths about the gospel and that’s not truths about the gospel...it was so hard for me. If you really know me, you would know the difficulty of that for me. Anyways she continued to tell us her experiences with UFOs and she said with a serious face that she knows aliens and knows without a doubt that they exist.  I was like HOLYYYY FREAKKK....you know how I enjoy the alien stuff….. anyways, Plan of Salvation...ha-ha so yeah.

We also taught our investigator Juan this week and he’s hard to teach because he tries to teach us as we teach him so we will like ask him a question and he will go on for 40 minutes and not even answer the questions. This week he ended a lesson by singing us a song about Christ...again. It’s hard not to laugh because his voice is terrible and he gets like so into the songs. But yeah he also told us that he knew we were going to knock on his door the day before we met him. He told us he had a dream, or a vision you could call it, and he said he was outside watering his garden when he saw an airplane circling his house, and eventually it got really close to his house and he said a holy person was flying the plane and he saw us sitting in the plane. Then he woke up. So he knew the Mormon missionaries were going to knock on his door so when we did he invited us in warmly. This would be a cool story if he actually like listened to us and our message ha-ha but yeah, that was weird this week.

Excitement for the week is that we have transfers happening this week! So we will see if I stay here with Elder Felipe or if I get a new companion. We haven’t been called yet so you guys will have to wait till next week to find out! Sorry!! Hmmmm oh funny story for the week-- So this is probably the worst mistake I have ever made in Spanish thus far.  I was telling someone from the ward that I hung something up yesterday. Which would be the word colgar.  It would be "yo la colgué ayer" but I said "yo la cagué ayer"...with the verb cagar...I’m not going to say what that word means, you guys can look it up on your own. Yeah so I was embarrassed, never going to make that mistake again!! Hey I’m gringo! It’s my second language! Sorry!
So yeah--- Love you all!

Oh BTW, THIS IS MY 6 WEEK MARK IN THE MISSION?!?!? I HAVE 6 MONTHS DONE?! THAT’S CRAZY RIGHT?!? THAT’S A QUARTER OF MY MISSION!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!
Hope you all have a great week-
Elder Zack Walden

No comments:

Post a Comment