Monday, July 18, 2016

Backpack Full of Coffee

  So this week was an adventure, I feel like a lot happened but at the same I feel like nothing happened, anyways Where am I? Who’s my comp? Where’s Elder Felipe? *bdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd* (that’s a drum roll) *CRASH* we’re both still here!!! Ha-ha we’re staying together this cambio (exchange)!! Weird, no one expected that but hey I’m excited to be here another cambio with Felipe. We know why we are here. We need to baptize Pablo!! The dad of that family that’s baptized. So we are here together to do that and so far it’s going well. Two weeks ago he said "I’m not getting baptized" a week ago he said "Okay maybe in like 2 years but I need more time" and 2 days ago he said "In August" so I’m hoping the next time we go over he says "Tomorrow" hahaha one can dream! But he’s making a lot of progress. When I showed up he had never been to church but he’s been the last 3 Sundays. It’s so great! I’m excited for the family!! He also gave up coffee. Finally!!! Actually there’s a story with that, so we took his coffee from him, we said we would get rid of it for him so Elder Felipe put it in his backpack. After we left their house we went to do another lesson with another family. And Elder Felipe FORGOT HIS BACKPACK AT THEIR HOUSE! So they called us and were like "Hey I thought Mormons don’t drink coffee??? Are you guys lying?" They were so confused. I was like dude the one time we ever have coffee on us, we forget it at an investigators house!! Ha-ha but yeah it was funny. Also Hermana Bowers is now in my district!!!! She was in my district in the CCM!! So it’s good to see her again. Fun times!
 Oh and guess who showed up to our ward on Sunday?!?! PRESIDENT OBESO! And guess who was teaching the Gospel Principles class that very Sunday, FREAKING ME!!! So I had to teach a class to President Obeso, that was a good time hahaha.. It ended up going really well.
Anyways, I have an interesting story for you guys, really interesting. So Saturday we were at Juan’s again, yes the Juan that sings and stuff for us. So we were having another lesson with him and we asked if we could end with a prayer, and he was like "Oh wait!! I have something for you guys!!" We were like “What is it? He was like "Here move to the sofa. Sit yourselves down." We were like “Um okay?” So we were sitting there and he goes to the kitchen and starts doing stuff and he comes out and points at me and says "Take off your shoes!" I was like huh? So I started taking my shoes off and Elder Felipe was like “Dude don’t take your shoes off man!” I was really confused. And then Juan comes out with a giant tub of water and a towel and we asked “Dude what are you doing Juan??” He answered” I want to wash your feet. Like Jesus and his apostles. Now take off your shoes!” What? I was like okay sweet, but Elder Felipe was like “No man! We can’t do that we’re not like worthy to have that done to us!” He said he would feel weird doing that and feel uncomfortable, and Juan was really sad, he really wanted to wash our feet. But he did come to church the next day so that was good. But yeah it was weird -- only in the mission field. 
I also got bit by my first dog this week! This little dog was protecting this door so I scared it off with a rock, so we talked to the person in the house and when we left the dog was just sitting on the step and we started walking out and it ran up super-fast and bit my leg! The bite was tiny ha-ha it was just like a bruise. I didn’t even tell the doctor about it because I’m fine, but yeah that happened.

Hope everyone is doing great. Have a great week!

Love-

Elder Walden

The group of students we taught English to

 Elder Myuris last day in the mission field-
 We found some mini cows
 Saw this interesting tree so I sat in it


No comments:

Post a Comment