Monday, July 31, 2017

Time is Flying!

So a little bit from this side of the world, nothing much has changed, we’ve had a pretty normal week. So we’ve got another Californian living in the house! He’s pretty cool and we actually get along super well. He’s Mexican so he already speaks Spanish, he’s a lot like Danny. He’s from Santa Ana, like close to Anaheim so not too far! But yeah, right now we are in Puerto Mont...We have to travel so much...tomorrow we have leaders’ conference, so later we will be going to Puerto Varas and then off to Osorno. But it’ll be good! I’m excited!
Today I found a super cheap wallet made out of cow hair! It’s sick! So I bought it. But yeah, and I actually ran into a Hermana from my ward here in Puerto, because I was trained here. It is fun running into those people because back then I didn’t know how to speak Spanish and now I speak pretty fluently so they’re all like "Elder Walden?! What the heck! You’re not even the same missionary anymore!" Its funny ha-ha. I like being able to know Spanish, it’s fun. You guys should look into if there’s Spanish tutor jobs at BYUI and what I need to do to do that, because I would love to make a little money speaking Spanish.
 Anyways, it weird, it’s already week 2 of this cambio! I’m in my 14th week with Elder Amaya! So weird! It’s weird because we started our missions together basically, we were in the same zone and saw each other every week, but almost didn’t talk because I didn’t know how to speak Spanish very well, but we never imagined being together. And now we’re in our 3rd cambio! It’s interesting how the mission is. Anyways, this week we finally got to pass by Paula. And we taught her about the restoration with her 7 kids, and it was awesome! They all told us that they want to be baptized ha-ha now it’s the whole matter of getting them to church...That’s the hard part.  I’m super stoked because we have like 10 people with a baptismal date right now in the sector but only 1 counts because no one ever goes to church! It’s just tougher because our ward starts at 9am and that’s like an hour and a half earlier than any other branch! Anyways, the work continues to move forward.
Hope all is well at home with everyone! That is awesome that Quinn and Josh are home! The mission is flying by too fast-
Love you All-
Zack 


No comments:

Post a Comment