Monday, September 12, 2016

One of the BEST weeks of my life!


Hey what’s up family and friends!

So I’m actually super excited to write this letter!! I have 2 MIRACLES to tell you guys! Okay sorry I’m just too excited! I’ll start off with this one...SO yesterday we were knocking doors, like always, and we have knocked on like every single door in this sector ha-ha. So we were looking for places that we had never been before. There’s this little place right in front of the church building with like 5 houses that we actually had never even seen before, so we decided to knock the first door. This guy who’s about 24 years old answered the door so I started to talk to him about the gospel and I was like “Hey actually our church is right there across the street!” He was like "No way! You guys have never knocked on my door?! I’ve always wanted to talk to someone from your church. I’m so glad you’re here. Come in!!!" We were like uh sweet! So we went in and start teaching him a little bit of the restoration and he was just saying that all of the stuff we were saying he feels like he knew all of it, but he didn’t know why, but all of it just like made sense! So at the end of the lesson we were asking him if he has any like questions or concerns and he said "Yeah, I have tried to pray a lot, but I’m convinced that God doesn’t answer me" so we taught him real quick how to pray and testified like crazy that God loves us and will always answer our prayers. So he said "Elders I don’t know if this is okay, but I really want to try this prayer right now, is that okay?" We were like "Please!! Let’s get on our knees right now and do it!!!" So we did. It was one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard and I felt the spirit so strong during it. After the prayer we all look up at each other just almost in tears. We ask him "How do you feel right now? He says with the biggest smile on his face "I feel so happy, I feel so warm, I feel like God heard me." and Elder Le Sueur says "My friend, that is the Holy Ghost." and he says "I think you are the people I have been waiting for." It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had, my heart was just pounding with the spirit just confirming to me too that this church is true and God really does love each and every one of us. Oh my goodness it was such an amazing experience! I LOVE this work, IT is TRULY the Lords work, I know that for a fact! I promise every single one of you right now that if you really REALLY want to know the truth and feel Gods love, get on your knees right now and ask him yourself, he is honestly waiting for you to do it, do not hesitate even a moment!

SO other news!!!! That even, in my head, TOPS THAT! And that’s hard to do. Well I’ll just say it right out. PABLO GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PRESIDENTE OBESO BAPTIZED HIM!!!! AND YOU DONT KNOW HOW HAPPY I WAS AND AM ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!! HES A BAPTIZED MEMBER OF THE CHURCH NOW!! That means in a year they can get sealed in the temple!!!!!! Oh my goodness I love that family so much. So Pablo was still waiting for his friend to baptize him, but his friend like didn’t want to go to church to get worthy so we thought of something. SO Pablo and President like know each other pretty well because we’ve done family home evenings at the Presidents home and what not. So we were thinking like hey it would be a cool experience for Pablo and President if President just baptized him, especially because President is leaving this week. So we went over to his house that night and just proposed the idea and he told us that he actually wanted that in the first place, but he just like didn’t know if it was allowed. SO WE GOT PRESIDENT TO BAPTIZE HIM HIS LAST WEEK IN THE MISSION!  Oh my goodness such a neat experience. Everyone was just so happy and they both bore their testimonies at the end and the spirit was so strong. So overall this was such a fantastic week, one of the best in my entire life! I LOVE YOU ALL! QUE ESTEN BIEN!!!!!!

Elder Zack Walden

Pictures from the baptism and the other one is of our apartment. Guess which window is ours:))



No comments:

Post a Comment