Thursday, February 18, 2016

Zack's 3rd Week!!

Hey Family and Friends! A lot has happened this week so get ready! So I don't remember a lot but I remember the main parts. First off, the beginning of this week I really felt like I needed to do something in order to learn more because I felt as if I was kind of plateauing in learning which isn't good. So I decided to fast, which was tough because I had already missed meals the day before for reasons haha so I was starving and like ready to pass out all day haha. But I knew it was something that I needed to do to show God I'm serious about learning His gospel in this language. So I didn't pass out, blessing right there, and during personal study I legit opened my scriptures to a random page and highlighted right there-- were scriptures about the gift of tongues and how we use these gifts and obtain them. Definitely not a coincidence! Also, that night we had a lesson to teach and during the lesson I had no problem understanding the investigator! And could mostly say everything that I wanted to back to her! Fasting really does help and the gift of tongues is true everyone! So, big news this week...my companion has been meeting with people almost everyday and Tuesday, right before the devotional, I found out he was going home the next day...he gave me a big hug and pulled out a plane ticket and told me he would be leaving, it was like a punch in the stomach. I know though that he is doing the right thing, he's going to go work on things at home and he's determined to come back out! He's already a fantastic missionary and when he goes back out he will be an even better one. I can't wait to see him in the field again. Hopefully I can be his trainer! That would be cool! But anyways, that night we had the opportunity to hear Elder Oaks speak. My companion Elder C. was super sad during the whole thing though knowing he was going home, I would be too. Elder Oaks in his talk told us how he got to go into a classroom here at the MTC and he loves the things we are learning here and could really feel the spirit here which was great! Afterwards, Elder Oaks wanted to shake everyones hand so on the way out we got to do that! To everyone he just said like "Hello Elder Walden, great to meet you!" or something along those lines haha but when Elder Clements (my companion) went through Sister Oaks stopped him and said "You're Elder C.? Your first name is J. right?" He was like "Uhm yeah?" and she and Elder Oaks told him "we had the opportunity to go into your classroom and we saw your scriptures on the desk and we picked them up and read some from them. I had the prompting to tell you that you are going to make a fantastic missionary." Straight from an apostle!! There was literally no better time for Elder C. to hear that. Giant testimony builder right there. They had no idea he was going home the next day, they were lead to our classroom, lead to pick up his scriptures, and were prompted by God to tell him those words because that is exactly what he needed at that moment in his life. I definitely think Gods eye is on Elder C. and I know he has more in store for him than he can even imagine. I miss him very much but I know he will do well at home and do what he needs to do. Anyways, I'm now in a trio with some of my friends, so that worked out too. It's kind of weird being in a trio but I think it'll make me work harder which is just what I need to do. It's been pretty sad here without Elder C. One of the hermanas (sister missionaries) who he had become close with was crying all day about it, so she asked me for a blessing. Last night I made myself available to the Lord and gave her the blessing and it was one of the strongest times I had felt the Spirit. I know he was helping me say what needed to be said and what she needed to hear in order for her to feel comforted. The Lord definitely has his hand in all of our lives and I've definitely gained a huge testimony of that down here. It's truly amazing and this work is truly glorious! Today we also had the opportunity to go through the temple! That was such a spiritual experience and its just what everybody needed. I'll send some pictures I took from it, but the Mexico temple is beautiful and the spirit was definitely strong there. Thank you for all the support! I love to receive mail so if you can go to mtcmexicocarepackage.com you can send a free letter through them. Thank You! Love You All- Elder Zack Walden

No comments:

Post a Comment