Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well I’m going to start out apologizing because I was ready this week to send you a ton of photos because I have like a ton to send...and I brought an adapter and everything today but as we were walking through the city I realized that I didn’t have the most important thing...my camera...so yeah I’m not able to send pictures today. I guess you’ll have to wait a whole another week ha-ha I’m so sorry.
Anyways this week has been a pretty good one. We actually had a thanksgiving feast! We had district meeting that day and I arranged everything with everyone that everyone was going to bring something different for our feast. We ended up having pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, juice, and we bought a turkey and it actually turned out pretty good! It was funny though because we did it at like 11am and we all have to eat lunch at members houses at 1pm so lunch was pretty difficult that day...that same day for lunch we ended up eating meats and potatoes. I was dying, it was hard to eat it all!
 Oh funny story! So this week a member invited us over for dinner at their house at like 8:30 so we went and they served us guatita!! Or in English, sheep stomach! Haha my companion hated it but I actually liked it a lot, I ended up asking for second’s ha-ha. Do they sell that in the states?? There’s so much stuff here that I love that I doubt they sell in the states.
Okay, so the work went pretty well this week. I have many stories but I will be home soon and I can tell you then. Haha  I want to leave you with something I have been thinking a lot about this week. Being Thanksgiving week I have been thinking about gratitude and why we say thanks in our prayers. So what I’ve learned from the scriptures is that we say thanks to acknowledge the blessings we have and give credit to God in a way of humbling ourselves, but the interesting part is that it is more important to show our thanks in the things we do. Almost everyone says in their prayers "we thank thee for this day", yet do we really take full advantage of that day to do Gods will? Alot of times we say it and don’t even think about it afterward and pretend like it’s our day, when really we already acknowledged that it is not. So I’ve been pondering on this a lot this week and I would like to extend the invitation to everyone including myself,  to really think about what you are thankful for in your prayers and then show it in that day and in what you do! I hope everyone has a great week!
Love-
Zack



No comments:

Post a Comment