Monday, August 21, 2017

Amazing Week!

Aug 21, 2017

Haha so weird that Matts married now! I told like everyone this week that he was getting married and everyone was like super happy and excited for him! I’m glad people liked my toast, I want to apologize because I had no idea what to say. I totally winged it and that was my first try and it was super hard to speak English! I am so sorry if I sounded like a retard.
 Hey it’s awesome because I’ve seen some miracles here this week also, woo it was SUCH an amazing week. Anyways I’ll save the biggest miracle for last. So first of all its been raining literally all week and tomorrow there’s going to be one of the biggest storms in the history of ChiloĆ©. They’re expecting winds up to 160kmph! It will be crazy! We will have to be in touch with the President because if it is actually that fast we won’t be able to work because every house is made out of tin here so like roofs tend to fly off and kill people, it’s happened before. So that’ll be interesting. Also we taught some pretty powerful lessons this week about temple work and what not...we made a powerpoint for it and everything and literally the 2 investigators we showed it to cried about what we were telling them. It was awesome….. but they still didn’t go to church on Sunday. So we gotta keep trying!! But we still had 8 investigators in church so we were pretty happy about that! The Lord is blessing our efforts!
Anyways BIG Miracle we saw this week...first of all we have an investigator named Antonia and she’s 14 and has been going to church for like 8 months and she’s shared her testimony in sacrament meeting and everything but she’s been weird about the whole baptism thing. So last week we got real serious and asked her what it was that she needed in order to take that step and we found out that it was her parents that didn’t like the church and told her she couldn’t be baptized. We had never really talked to them before, met them a couple times, but never really talked to them because they like avoided us. Well we had one of those "capilla abierta" this week, it’s like an open house but with the church building and the whole branch is there and what not and we do tours. So anyways we were there and this was the first one we had ever done in ChiloĆ©...and we were like in charge of everything...it was a lot of work. At one point this couple walked in, so before the tour starts I started talking to them and they were super cool. We made like pretty good friends and then the tour started so I left to go help in other parts and then Antonia found me and told me that I had been talking to her parents. I didn’t even realize it was them! So I was like frick! Let’s go! We’re going to do the tour with them!! So we went and joined them in the tour. Well during the tour we got to the young women’s room...and in that room randomly all the young women just started bearing their testimony about Antonia and how much she has progressed and how big of a testimony that she had, and Antonia went and hugged her dad crying and told them "I just want to be baptized so bad! I know this is true and all I want to do is get baptized!!" The spirit was so strong, I was legit crying, and I never do that! And her parents just said "We will talk about that at home!" Well after the tour I went and was talking to the dad and I got to explain to him what we’ve been teaching and a little bit about what exactly we do as missionaries, then they left. Antonia stayed to help clean up and everything and she told me that she was super scared because she had never like born testimony to her parents and had never begged them like that and she was scared what their reaction would be. Well the next day in church...after Sunday School she asks us "Hey could we do a baptismal interview?" We were like wo wo wo hey what did your parents say?!?! They GAVE HER PERMISSION TO BE BAPTIZED!!!! Wooooo!!!! And she wants to do it as soon as possible!!!!!!! We have the interview today and she gets baptized this week!!!! Literally the capilla abierta opened her parent’s heart up to the gospel and gave them the chance to know a little more and feel what she had been feeling for 8 months!!! She so stoked, we’re so stoked, and it’s awesome...it was a major miracle. You don’t understand how happy we are that she’s going to get baptized this week!!! So yeah that was a major miracle we saw, thanks to the spirit and the young women in our ward. I know it was an awesome experience for them too because they got to bear such testimony to non- members and experience the mission work. It was awesome, and without their help, she might not be getting baptized. The power of a testimony is real, and can change people’s hearts. Thanks for all your love! Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment